Un-overwhelm-able

I just made up a new word and kinda like it. :)

Unoverwhelmable: incapable of being overwhelmed.

Of course, this word doesn't describe any thing in my life. Everything is capable of being overwhelmed. My computer, for instance, could easily be overwhelmed by a virus. My house could easily be overwhelmed by decay. My bank account could easily be overwhelmed with emptiness. Nope. Not talking about things.

Nor am I talking about the people I surround myself with. They easily get overwhelmed by life and the things that are in it.

I'm not even talking about myself. Do I even need to expound?

Who this describes is only One. His name is Jesus.
The things that get me discouraged only make Him stand stronger. The things that make me feel stressed only make Him rejoice at an opportunity to show Himself powerful. My defeat only shows His victory. My inability only makes His ability more obvious.

So what should I do? There is nothing I can do to keep myself from being overwhelmed. I can't resolve to be strong. I can't pretend everything's ok. ...Well, I could, but that won't help.

Being overwhelmed is inevitable except for one thing.

We are hidden with Christ in God. (Col. 3:3) How much more protected can you get? Christ simply asks us to rest in that hiding place.
"Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11:28)
Rest behind the shield of His presence. He can't be overwhelmed. Even though you can, He can't. Jesus won't fall over when life get's tough. He won't get confused when things are coming at you from all directions. He doesn't get scared when people threaten you. He doesn't get nervous when your world is about to fall apart. He is a safe place.

Go hide in Him, Christian. The invitation is open for you to come at any moment at any time. Trade your burdens for His rest. Trust Him. Hide in the secret place of the Most High. (Psalm 91:1)

That's all He asks of you. It's a win-win deal! Your burdens are in capable hands when they're in His hands, and you get the peace and rest you've been longing for.

He longs to soothe your soul with His rest, dear child of God. Let Him. He is unoverwhelmable, and when you hide in Him, so are you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When my emotions are out of control...

He gives MORE grace

Living out of His pleasure