Let's Go Soaring!

It's gotten busier here of late, and my head feels like it's going to explode with the many different things I've been doing and having to think through.

One day this past week, I put on my "Teacher" cap for a half hour, took it off, put on my "Housekeeper" cap for five hours, put my "Teacher" cap back on for another hour, then put on my "Babysitter" hat on for another five hours. 

God truly has blessed me with much to do right now. But I need to tell you something. I've been getting exhausted. Overwhelmed sometimes when I wake up in the morning thinking, "Do I really have to do it all over again?"

The only reason I write all of that for you to read is this, I know you're sitting there feeling the same way, or at least you have felt that way before. 

This last week was different though. I found quiet in the middle of the noise and rest in the midst of the chaos that I didn't have before. It was because Someone came to my side, offered His hand and I took it. 

He said to me, "Oh, Sandie, how can you say I don't see your troubles? How can you say I ignore your rights? Have you never heard? Have you never understood? I am the Lord, the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth. I never grow weak or weary. No one can measure the depths of my understanding..." 
I had opened up my bible to Isaiah 40: 27-31, and it was clear that God meant for me to be reading it right then...

He continued on: "I give power to the weak and strength to the powerless..." 

Suddenly I realized that I was the one who was weak and powerless, and He wanted to give His strength and power to me!

"Even youths will become weak and tired, and young men will fall in exhaustion..." 

That clearly was a description of me. I was ready to fall over, burnt out and finished. Then I remembered who I am. 

I'm a Christian, a child of God. I'm supposed to be different from the world. I'm supposed to be joyful, peace-filled, loving, seeing life through a different lens than this fleshly point of view. What is wrong with me? 

It dawned on me: I have been trying to push myself through life when I'm supposed to be soaring above it! 

But how do we soar above this life, peace in the midst of chaos, love in the midst of hatred, joy in the midst of sadness and gloom? How is this even possible? 

He continued, "If you trust ME, you will find new strength and will soar high on wings like eagles. You will run and not grow weary. You will walk and not faint." 

It is impossible for me to soar above this life, to run and not grow weary, to walk and not faint unless HE is the One who supplies the wings to fly and unless HE is the One who gives the strength and power to keep running. 

Just Who was it who said He never runs out of strength anyway? God. Who was it who said He never gets weak? God. AND who said He gives away strength and power to those who have none? GOD! 

The key to soaring is trusting, because it's not your wings you soar on, but His.

Every time you feel as if all your strength is gone and you can't take another step, He is there, right beside you, ready to take you for the ride of your life! 

Just think about it.... The thought of Him taking me up on His wings and soaring high above everything makes me smile!

That is why this week has been different! The moment I took His hand, He supplied the strength, and there was nothing left for me to do, because He did it all for me.

When I wake up overwhelmed, He reminds me afresh of the fact that He's got it all and I don't have to do anything but relax in His grip as He takes me soaring above the roller-coaster of a life that I live.

You can have it too, my friend. Just thank Him for His promised strength and trust yourself into His grip, and He will take you soaring!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When my emotions are out of control...

He gives MORE grace

Living out of His pleasure